Which Agency is Right for Your Complaint?
Certain complaints are handled better by other agencies. Check this list before you file a complaint.
Food stamps and economic assistance
- Contact: Mississippi Department of Human Services
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Neglect or mistreatment
A vulnerable adult, such as an elderly family member, is being neglected or mistreated: not receiving medical treatment, suffering poor hygiene or living conditions, in a facility not licensed by MSDH.
- Contact: Mississippi Department of Human Services — Adult Protective Services, 844-437-6282
A vulnerable person’s money is being taken, or their finances are being misused.
- Contact: Mississippi Attorney General, 800-852-8341
Medicaid or Medicare fraud
- Contact: Mississippi Division of Medicaid, 800-880-5920 or 601-576-4162
Complaints about drug/alcohol treatment or mental health centers
- Contact: Mississippi Department of Mental Health, 601-359-6298 or 1-877-210-8513
Complaints against doctors or medical clinics
- Contact: Mississippi Board of Medical Licensure, 601-987-3079
Complaints against nurses
- Contact: Mississippi Board of Nursing, 601-957-6300
Complaints Handled by MSDH
Restaurants and Food Facilities
- Send e-mail to email@example.com, or
- File a food facility complaint online
Child Care Facilities
- Report problems with your public drinking water supply to 601-576-7518.
Nursing homes, personal care homes, and other health or care facilities
- 1-800-227-7308 (M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Make a complaint online about a licensed facility
WIC Nutritional Program
Office Against Interpersonal Violence (OAIV)
Other Complaints or Suggestions
You can write to us with a suggestion or complaint about any of our services, or about facilities that we regulate, such as restaurants or child care centers, by sending e-mail to web@HealthyMS.com.
Please include as many details as possible, including the location, date and time of a problem, when you write to us.