The Ryan White Part B Care and Treatment Division provides a comprehensive system of care that includes primary medical care, medications and essential support services for people living with HIV who are uninsured or underinsured.
HIV treatment for eligible Mississippians: 800-826-2961 or 601-362-4879
HIV Care and Treatment
MSDH'S HIV Care and treatment division contracts with provider sites throughout the state to build capacity and stability for core medical and support services for eligible HIV clients residing in Mississippi. The program also funds region-based Social Work Case Managers who work as agents of MSDH and the Ryan White Part B Program to primarily focus on linking clients to care, re-engaging clients in care, and other eligible services (Medical Case Management). The social workers collaborate with Disease Intervention Specialists (DISs) to establish contact with persons newly diagnosed with HIV as soon as possible for needs assessment, evaluation and referral to the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), Early Intervention Services (EIS) and HIV Primary Health Care.
For additional information, please contact the Care and Treatment Division at 601-362-4879 or 1-888-343-7373.
AIDS Drug Assistance Program
The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) provides medication assistance through the MSDH Pharmacy, which is a direct distribution model to HIV positive individuals who are uninsured or underinsured. Medications can be picked up at a designated MSDH clinic, by mail-order, or from a contracted sub-recipient of the Ryan White Part B program. Pharmacist consultation is available for medication compliance counseling or intervention upon request by contacting the program.
The ADAP Insurance Assistance Program (IAP) provides insurance to eligible ACA/Marketplace participants who qualify for subsidies (100-250% of FPL) during open enrollment. This includes premium payments, co-insurance, co-pays and deductibles.
The ADAP program assists eligible HIV clients with out-of-pocket expenses by waiving co-pays and deductibles for those who have other sources of coverage (Medicaid, Medicare, private pay, etc.).
Early Intervention Services (EIS)
HIV Early Intervention Services (EIS) is a contracted service which includes HIV counseling and testing; counseling and education on living with HIV; appropriate medical evaluation and clinical care; and other essential services, including linkage to HIV Primary Health Care. Private, confidential HIV testing is available at county health departments. HIV testing and counseling is also available at Five Points (formerly known as Crossroads Clinic) at the Jackson Medical Mall. For additional information on testing, call the AIDS toll-free hotline at 800-826-2961.
HIV Primary Health Care
HIV Primary Health Care services for qualified patients are available at Part B-funded sites.
- King's Daughters Medical Center, 601-833-7973, (Part B), Brookhaven
- DePorres Health Center, 662-326-9232 (Part B), Marks
- Garfield Clinic, 662-377-5395, (Part B), Tupelo
- Crossroads Clinic North (Delta Regional Hospital), 662-332-1398, (Part B and C), Greenville
- Magnolia Medical Center (Greenwood Leflore-Hospital) , 662-459-1207 (Part B), Greenwood
- University Medical Center (Adult), 601-815-3120, (Part B, C, D), Jackson
- Open Arms Healthcare Center, 601-500-7660, (Part B), Jackson
- Southeast MS Rural Health Initiative (SEMRHI), 601-582-2619 (Part B, C, D), Hattiesburg
- Family Health Center, 601-399-1945, (Part B), Laurel
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), 601-368-3440, (Part B), Jackson
Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Core Medical Services:
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program Treatments
- AIDS Pharmaceutical Assistance
- Early Intervention Services (EIS)
- Health Insurance Premium and Cost Sharing Assistance for Low-Income Individuals Home and Community-Based Health Services
- Home Health Care
- Medical Case Management, including Treatment Adherence Services
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Mental Health Services
- Oral Health Care
- Outpatient/Ambulatory Health Services
- Substance Abuse Outpatient Care
*Listed services may not be available at all sites.
Services for Mississippians living in De Soto, Tunica, Tate, and Marshall Counties are also provided through the Memphis Ryan White Part A Program.