Preventing COVID-19: Recommendations and Requirements
Mississippi is experiencing a significant rise in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. Numerous outbreaks have been identified in youth camps, faith-based gatherings, funerals and social events.
MSDH recommends the following steps to control the spread of COVID-19:
- Get a COVID-19 vaccination if you are eligible.
- If you have not been vaccinated, wear a mask when indoors in public settings.
- If you are 65 years of age or older, you should avoid all indoor mass gatherings, even if you have been vaccinated.
- If you have a chronic medical condition, you should avoid all indoor mass gatherings, even if you have been vaccinated.
Businesses, Colleges and Community
MSDH recommends that individuals, organizations, schools, businesses, and facilities in Mississippi follow the CDC guidelines and recommendations for the prevention and control of COVID-19.
Long-Term Care Facilities
Residents in long-term care facilities such nursing homes and assisted living facilities are at high risk from COVID-19, and the virus can spread quickly in these environments.
- Be vaccinated against COVID-19 before you visit a long-term care facility, or if you work in one.
- Wear a mask at all times inside these facilities if you are unvaccinated.
- Do not visit these facilities if you feel ill or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Visit family members only, and avoid contact with other residents.