Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies of Mississippi is a case management program for high-risk pregnant women and their babies less than one year old. It provides enhanced access to health care, nutritional and psychosocial support, home visits, and health education.
Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies strives to reduce the infant mortality rate and to reduce the rates of low and very low birth weight infants in Mississippi.
Find out more about this program for pregnant and parenting teens.
Who is Eligible?
Medicaid beneficiaries are eligible to participate in Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies of Mississippi when a provider identifies one or more positive risk factors on our Perinatal Screening Form.
Services We Provide
If you are eligible and decide to participate in the Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies of Mississippi program, you will receive services from a case management team consisting of a public health nurse, social worker, and nutritionist. Your case management team may help you with:
- Finding a medical home for you and/or your baby
- Referrals for services such as Medicaid, food stamps (SNAP) and WIC
- Referrals for family planning, transportation, medical services and breastfeeding assistance
- Health information such as preparing for the hospital, infant safety, and healthy infant development
- Nutritional information
What is Your Role?
This is a voluntary program. If you decide to participate, and your health care provider decides that you are qualified to enroll, you will be asked to:
- Participate in your appointments with the Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies case management team.
- Provide a working contact number for your case manager to reach you.
- Keep the your case manager up to date about appointments with other providers.
- Let the your case manager know if you are having any problems with your pregnancy or baby.
- Ask questions to help us better serve you.
For more information on the Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies of Mississippi program, or to see whether you qualify for services, contact your county health department, or call 800-721-7222 (601-576-7463).
For more information about Maternal and Child Health Programs and the MCH Block Grant, call 1-800-721-7222.
Your input is important. We want to hear from you about maternal and child health needs, the MCH Block Grant, and programs in Mississippi. Take a moment to share your comments, ideas and concerns with us.